Writing Prompt - Write about a memory that makes you feel warm

 Writing Prompt 

Write about a memory that makes you feel warm


Experiencing Dragon Quest 8 for the first time is a fond memory of mine. I was maybe eight or nine years old when I stumbled upon the Playstation 2 title. I remember being in Toy's R' Us with my mom and browsing the video game section of the store, this was before the online shopping boom. I saw the title and cover art, Dragon Quest 8 in this red, stone-like, font, and the characters were in heroic poses in this beautifully designed cover art. Then I looked on the back and read, "Characters designed by Akira Toriyama, the creator of Dragon Ball." I absolutely loved watching Dragonball as a kid, I had to play the game. I begged  my mom to buy it for me, promising I would not ask for anything else the rest of the year, after a half hour of begging my mom while she shopped for a gift for someone else, she eventually gave in and bought the game for me. 

When I opened the packaging and pulled out that disc, I was overjoyed, I nearly broke the disc tray on the Playstation 2. I booted up that game and it was like a whole new wonderous world. The iconic Dragon Quest fanfare played while the cutscene displayed the vast open world in this glorious RPG. It was love at first sight. Truly a memory that makes me feel warm every time I think about it.

Popular posts from this blog

Fanfiction - Azula Reborn

Where did the Demon Lord series go?