Writing Prompt - Love Story

 Writing Prompt

Love Story

Adam Webster

3/22/2021

Two people with opposing personalities are sitting next to each other on a long flight. What brings them together during the plane ride?

https://www.thesaurus.com/writingprompts/love-story-writing-prompts

#7


As I am attempting to create a fan-fiction of Avatar: The Last Airbender where Azula finds redemption and healing, along with reconnecting with her mother, I will rework this into a budding connection between a newly reformed Azula and the funny guy Sokka. Two characters from Avatar: The Last Airbender.


Azula and Sokka are left alone to complete a simple delivery mission; from the Fire nation capital to the Earth kingdom city of Ba Sing Se. Azula sits in the saddle atop Appa’s back and stares out at the clouds, Sokka takes the reins on Appa, and can’t help but dart his eyes across the clouds looking for some way to strike up a conversation.

“So, you like fire bending?” Sokka awkwardly asked. “What?” Azula responded. Sokka rubs the back of his neck, “Just trying to make conversation.” Azula rolls her eyes and keeps her head up at the clouds. “Why bother? You and I both know we have nothing in common. I’m royalty, you’re low-born. I’m a fire-bender, you’re a non-bender. I’m a younger sister, you’re an older brother.” Sokka turns to look at Azula, “Those are all true. Well, maybe not the low-born part. We have some things in common.” Without moving her head Azula replies, “Like what?” Sokka scratches his head for a second, “Like ughhh…I hear you like to prank Zuko. That’s something we have in common, pranking our siblings.” Azula sits up, “Back when I was a child, I’m too old for that now.” Sokka responds, “Still, you must remember some pranks being funny, tell me one” Azula leans back to think, “There was this one time when we were on vacation with our parents at Ember Island, our Mom made us hot cocoa but I switched his cup with a cup of mud. He was so excited about the cocoa he drank half the cup in one big gulp and managed to swallow a worm.” Sokka giggles a bit, then Azula adds, “He whined for two days about how he could feel the worm moving in his stomach.” Sokka laughs with a bit of disgust in his voice, then excitedly replies, “Oh-oh I got one, one time Katara and I were helping or Gran-Gran prepare dinner, and Katara was cutting up the fish while I cut firewood outside. I sat on top of the house and tied string to some old fish heads, then hung them just out the window where Katara was standing. I used a spooky voice to say, ‘OOOOoooo why did you kill us Katara OOOOOooooo.’ she got so scared she wouldn’t eat fish for a month.” Azula giggled. 

Azula and Sokka continued to share their prank stories until they reached Ba Sing Se. Just as they passed over the walls, Azula laid back and stated, “Well would look at that, I guess we’re not so different after all.” Sokka added, “Yup, we both love pranking our siblings.”


Popular posts from this blog

Fanfiction - Azula Reborn

Where did the Demon Lord series go?

Writing Prompt - Write about a memory that makes you feel warm